Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Spontaneous thought's about...a phone call.

Yet another technical end to our conversation! 'SNIP' and it's over. We didn't even say our sweet "bye's" . Thank god! we don't measure our lives in terms of our phone batteries. I would be about a century old..make that two..!! Why does this technical glitch make me feel irritated?? Am I technically maladaptive(TM)?
Those days (un dino u see!)...sigh..well those days when my father (or would it be my grandfather?..umm,the telephone came to India around the 1950's. By then my grandfather had two to three kids so, well, my father it is then) may have tried calling my mother with just a few paise (or rupee?... now its your turn to tell me!!heehee!) to spare over an STD call. And the phone went dead with no more coins to insert, did she feel the same or did she feel in a different way..unknown to me? Maybe she coyly kept the phone down,returned to her room and went about her other chores. Perhaps she waited for the next call.
May be I am TM...or am I..am I?!
The joy,however, of having talked beats my TM any day. That's something common I shared with my mother I guess..!
Thinking 'un dino' actually helped!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment