Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bhandarkar Road

As I walk down everyday from class i catch a glimpse of the white van with a familiar figure driving past. Thrice already. Was I noticed?
My ATM, the Titan showroom, Spencer's daily where I generally buy a pack of curd from, the fruit vendor, crossing over to opposite lanes..all had become entwined into a simple part of my life-the walk down Bhandarkar road.
So, once again I baught a pack of curd and for a change cornflakes from Spencer's. I walked down the lane ,lost in my own thoughts. Amongst the vehicular sounds that get lost in one's subconscious the sound of deliberate honking stood out...
..a white van passed by, a hand waved out and Icaught sight of a checked kurta...recognition.
I carried on..trying to supress the delight oozing out through my smile. Crossed over to the fruit vendor and bought a watermelon for Rs. 25.

It turned out quite sweet..!

No comments:

Post a Comment