Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Wish List..Contd...

So I had to come back to writing about my remaining 'dream destinations' as I had a horrible start to the day. I drove someone mad and feeling the lowest of my lows.... :(

My mind then wandered (more like I let my mind wander)to Yvoire, France. I had read about Yvoire in a food magazine. The quaint little town, filled with flowers and tiny cafes, very romantic! There is a restaurant that I read about, the La Rabeouf( not sure of the spelling

now) Restaurant. The picture of the place is what caught my fancy. My imagination centre (in my head) instantly imagined my self there at the restaurant with 'the one'..hehe..sounds funny (by the way 'the one' is mad at me these days..can't blame the one though!). Well anyway, thinking about Yvoire, I cheer up! Why do some places make me feel all happy, even though I am not there? How do they make me feel at peace? So, how would this place be..? I am imagining a lazy afternoon sun, a slight nip in the air, the subtle fragrance of the fresh flowers, shrubs, quiet and peaceful, friendly locals.....wine and cheese..!
It just struck me that for the first time in my blog i am writing about something in the future..so far all i have written about have been things that happened in the past. Soon when these places also go down into the beautiful treasure trove of my memory I will keep true to the name of the blog. For now, a little deviance is accepted, my blog, my rules it is!


Next up on my list is Ireland. The name itself has a country'ish feel. The movie P.S I Love You, makes it even more desirable..! Gerry, the perfect lover; him belonging to a place like Ireland, even more perfect; the way they meet,at the national park, better than fairy tales i'd say. Ireland has been a 'place to visit before I die' since my days as a fan of 'Westlife', a boy band not popular with the true music lovers, but my sis and I liked them anyway, and they were from Ireland.
So the pretty boys of Westlife had my sis and I wanting to go to Ireland atleast once. The beauty of the place did not help matters much..Ireland was stunning! Just the kind of place I would like to visit. I haven't read much about Ireland yet so don't know what i'd be looking forward to but I believe in surprising myself and discovering...
If there were a travel personality I would come in the 'serene, calm, exotic countryside lover' category. There are so many places in the world but these places win hands down any day for me. Not Las Vegas,not Miami...! Be it a holiday with friends, a romantic getaway, a family holiday, I think I'd choose one of these places.
There are a couple of other places I have on my list but will make do with writing about just these... in fact, my next piece will be on a small valley I visited in our very own, India!!
  

1 comment:

  1. Hi, you have a great blog. I just sort of accidentally dropped in on it, and your sister's blog, because Im kind of a military buff, and had started a project to create articles on Indian military leaders (current and historic) on Wikipedia. I was researching articles in order to be able to start a Wiki article on Maj. Gen. K. Himalay Singh, and came across your blogs.

    The final (very basic) result, can be seen here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konsam_Himalaya_Singh

    Id appreciate it if you could let me know if its essentially ok, and also if you could correct the Spelling of his given name, as some papers spell it as "Himalay", and some as "Himalaya".

    I can be reached at Aditya DOT Puar AT Gmail DOT com

    Thanks,
    Best,
    Aditya

    ReplyDelete