Sunday, January 3, 2010

A Hillstation outside my Window...

The cold is different today. From my second floor flat, Ican see a few trees peeking thorugh the curtain that the fog has formed. I am warm in my bed,under my blanket, a muffler to protect my neck and a decently warm sweater. My face is cold,and feels fresh from it, a small wet patch beneath the nose..or atleast it feels wet. The friendly sun is missing today, on a holiday I suppose, he said so a few days back...
Its slient and calm, with a few vehicular sounds that are almost familiar, interrupting the perfect silence. It seems the usually gregarious and 'walking' people prefer the warmth of the indoors today. What must the two funnily irritating children from the ground floor doing today...indoors.. and I am evidently glad about their positioning today...I peep down at the empty tree lined road and it is darker...wet...wet! It drizzled and I dint get to know....as if to prove it I hear faint light drops on the window pane..or was it my mind..my mind:interestingly quite imaginative....
Being a holiday helps the feeling and mood. No parents at home(for the time being) to put me back into reality helps furthur!
Is this Delhi that I know? Is this A Vihar that I know? Sitting in my bed it is neither.
I am looking at a hillstation through my bedside window.

4 comments:

  1. A very neat little peace of writing, very smooth and almost with a lyrical touch this poetic prose writing emerges , if there's anything that can be called so.

    The imagery, by which I mean, the appeal to my senses, is very vivid but more importantly it's very pleasant to my sensibility.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good what you've written about my prose...hehe..
    Thank you for finally going through my blog and appreciatig my writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, it is indeed a wonder what the mind can do...and where all it can take you..with little efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true Govind.
    The mind is a wonder in itself!
    Let it take you where it wants to and lo..one can find beautiful surprises :)

    ReplyDelete